Browse Items (5 total)

2016-10-18 10.51.34.jpg
JoseR
Containing water elements such as rivers, lakes and coastlines, this layer is important because it represents en element of transporting of goods, travel, and resources. As a Dutch copy, this map could have provided information on access points for…
2016-10-18 11.21.20.jpg
ClaireC
This layer traces all of the rivers included on the map. I have tried to recreate the variations in line thickness used on the map to indicate relative size of the rivers. Not included in the layer are the names given to the rivers or the explicit…
2016-10-18 11.09.47.jpg
IsabellaC
In his map, Vespucci does not distinguish between countries or within land masses by lines. Instead, the lines on the map show the enge of land and how it borders with water, primarily oceans and seas. I have also included rivers in this layer…
2016-10-18 10.43.46.jpg
LucieR
This layer contains the contours of the land that is pictured on the map. Naturally, those contours delineate the water spaces on the map as well. This layer is important because I think it is the base layer for the rest of the features of the map.…
2016-10-18 10.59.15.jpg
AbigailP
This layer shows the rivers shown in North America and Asia, as well as lakes (shaded in) to which inland rivers connect. Rivers (and their labels, which I have not included in this layer) make up the majority of information shown in continental…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2